Welcome to Cornell University. Whether you are an expectant student, student spouse, partner, significant other, or a family with child(ren), we recognize that families can be as diverse as our students. At Cornell, we realize that families are essential allies in encouraging the academic success and well-being of our students. As a result, we provide resources and services to assist spouses and partners with their own ambitions and goals, along with essential support for families with child(ren). Open to the entire family, orientation 2016 schedule is posted below. This is a great opportunity to find out more about your new home at Cornell and meet others who have the same successes and challenges as you do! Take advantage of these opportunities. And, if you are a current student-family, please join us too!
ISSO Orientation Program for International Students
- Saturday, August 20 from 3:00 – 7:00 pm in Statler Hall – Come and meet other new international students and receive essential immigration information, guidelines on health and safety, and tips for academic success. Spouses of students are encouraged to attend as there will be a special welcome for them and an opportunity to meet other spouses.
Hasbrouck Family Welcome Event
- Tuesday, August 23 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm in Hasbrouck Courtyard – This is open to all student families as an opportunity to meet other families, as well as representatives from many non-profit and service organizations working in and around Cornell. There will be live entertainment, fun activities, and tons of useful information for all. For more information contact Linda Majani (email@example.com).
Student Partner Happy Hour
- Thursday, September 1 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the Big Red Barn – Welcome Back is on Thursday, September 1 from 6-7:30 at the Big Red Barn!!! Start the new semester by meeting other student spouses/partners. Feel free to come as a couple or fly solo – all students and partners are welcome. Light snacks, soda, and $1/beers are provided. Note in your calendar, these Happy Hours are the first Thursday of every month!
Cornell Welcome to our Students with Families
- Thursday, September 8 from 4:30 – 6:30 pm at the Stocking Hall Conference Center (Room 148) – Come learn about the academic structure at Cornell and what to expect as a student spouse/partner. We will hear about student life experiences and the impact it has on the family. Discuss common questions/concerns of our student families and learn about available resources. There will be an opportunity to meet other new student families while enjoying Cornell Dairy Ice Cream. Come solo, with your partner, and/or with children. Please RSVP to attend the event.
Students with Children Welcome Breakfast – Get Onboard and Get Connected
- Saturday, September 10 from 9:30 – 10:00 am at the Big Red Barn – Join us for a continental breakfast as you network with other families with children. Bring your child(ren); train themed activities are designed to be interactive and fun, and will be paired with ‘Stations’ for adults to learn about the services, resources, and general tips of transition and making your child(ren) a part of Cornell and the Ithaca area.